Former Teaching Fellow
Phone: +44 (0)131 650 5145
I am Allan Clark. I was born in Edinburgh sometime last
century. I grew up in uneventful style but I did manage to win
my golf club's junior championship before embarking on an
undergraduate degree at the University of Edinburgh. A lack of
itchy feet encouraged me to remain at Edinburgh for PhD both
degrees I completed in the first decade of the 21st century.
Showing a remarkable lack of adventure I have further remained
at Edinburgh in, first a research position and now a teaching
position. I am currently preparing for my second year as a
I won a
EUSA teaching award for best feedback.
I was also the school of Informatics Feedback Officer charged with
improving the timing, quality and efficacy of the feedback the school gives
to its students for work submitted.
- Functional performance specification with stochastic probes.
- Ashok Argent-Katwala and Jeremy T. Bradley. In
András Horváth and Miklós Telek, editors, Formal Methods and Stochastic Models for Performance Evaluation: Third European
Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2006), number 4054 in LNCS, pages 31-46. Springer-Verlag, June 2006. (PDF, 557691 bytes)
- Evaluating quality of service for service level agreements
- Allan Clark and Stephen Gilmore. In Lubos Brim and Martin
Leucker, editors, Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems, pages 172-185, Bonn,
Germany, August 2006. (PDF, 298139 bytes)
- Formal Methods for Performance Evaluation: the 7th
International School on Formal Methods for the Design of Computer, Communication, and Software Systems, SFM 2007
- Allan Clark, Stephen Gilmore, Jane Hillston, and Mirco Tribastone. volume 4486, chapter
Stochastic Process Algebras, pages 132-179. Springer-Verlag, Bertinoro, Italy, May-June 2007. (PDF,
- The ipclib PEPA Library
- Allan Clark. In Mor Harchol-Balter, Marta Kwiatkowska, and Miklos Telek, editors,
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on the Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST), pages 55-56. IEEE, September 2007.
(PDF, 166758 bytes)
- Location-aware quality of service measurements for service-level agreements.
- Ashok Argent-Katwala, Jeremy Bradley, Allan Clark, and Stephen Gilmore. In G. Barthe and C. Fournet, editors, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Trustworthy
Global Computing (TGC'07), volume 4912 of LNCS, pages 222-239. Springer-Verlag, 2008. (PDF, 224792 bytes)
- Safety and response-time analysis of an automotive accident assistance service.
- Ashok Argent-Katwala, Allan Clark, Howard Foster, Stephen Gilmore, Philip Mayer, and Mirco Tribastone. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Leveraging Applications of
Formal Methods, Verification and Validation (ISoLA 2008), number 17 in Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), pages
191-205, Porto Sani, Greece, October 2008. Springer-Verlag. (PDF, 1906629 bytes)
- State-aware performance analysis with eXtended Stochastic Probes.
- Allan Clark and Stephen Gilmore. In Nigel Thomas and
Carlos Juiz, editors, Proceedings of the 5th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2008), volume 5261 of LNCS,
pages 125-140, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, September 2008. Springer. (PDF, 305335 bytes)
- Partial evaluation of PEPA models for fluid-flow analysis.
- Allan Clark, Adam Duguid, Stephen Gilmore, and Mirco Tribastone. In Nigel Thomas and Carlos Juiz, editors, Proceedings of the 5th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2008),
volume 5261 of LNCS, pages 2-16, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, September 2008. Springer. (PDF, 392690
- Terminating passage-time calculations on uniformised Markov chains.
- A. Clark and S. Gilmore. In Ashok
Argent-Katwala, Nicholas J. Dingle, and Uli Harder, editors, Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth annual UK Performance Engineering
Workshop, pages 64-75, June 2008. (PDF, 387232 bytes)
- Transformations in PEPA Models and Stochastic Probe Placement.
- Allan Clark and Stephen Gilmore. In Karim Djemame, editor,
Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth UK Performance Engineering Workshop, pages 1-16, Leeds University, July 2009. (PDF, 200007 bytes)
- Passage-end analysis.
- Allan Clark, Adam Duguid, and Stephen Gilmore. In Jeremy T. Bradley, editor, Computer
Performance Engineering, 6th European Performance Engineering Workshop, EPEW 2009, London, UK, July 9-10, 2009, Proceedings, volume 5652 of
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 110-115. Springer, 2009. (PDF, 121226 bytes)