I have moved to the Siri speech group at Apple.
I used to be a research associate in the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, primarily affiliated with the Centre for Speech Technology Research, and working on the Natural Speech Technology (NST) project.
I am interested in most aspects of speech recognition. I worked on content-based image and video retrieval during my grad-school days. For details about my work, check out my publications.
I contribute to the Kaldi project, which is an open-source toolkit for speech recognition, written in C++ and licensed under Apache v2.0. If you want to do speech recognition research, there are many good reasons for choosing Kaldi.
- Meeting of UK and Irish speech research community, Cambridge University, Sep 17-18, 2013.
- Meeting of UK and Irish speech research community, University of Birmingham, Dec 17-18, 2012.
- P. Swietojanski, A. Ghoshal and S. Renals, "Unsupervised cross-lingual knowledge transfer for DNN-based LVCSR" wins the IBM Best Student Paper at SLT 2012.
- 2009-2011: Marie Curie Fellow on the SCALE project, Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany.
- 2009: PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, where I was a member of the Center for Language and Speech Processing.
- Summers of 2004, 2003: research intern in the Microsoft Speech Research Group, Redmond, WA.