I am a research associate at the University of Edinburgh. I develop natural language processing and machine learning techniques
to improve and enrich people’s access to information. Some applications I have focused on are
automatic summarization, discourse parsing, and assessment of text quality.
Between January 2013 and Feb 2015, I worked as a Newton International Fellow at the University of
Before starting here, I graduated with a PhD and Masters from
the University of Pennsylvania.
I received my undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering from College of Engineering-Guindy,
Anna University located at Chennai, India.
I was born in Trichy, a beautiful temple city in South India.
- Conversation Trees: A Grammar Model for Topic Structure in Forums, Annie Louis and Shay B. Cohen, EMNLP 2015. [pdf], [corpus]
- Which Step Do I Take First? Troubleshooting with Bayesian Models, Annie Louis and Mirella Lapata, TACL 2015. [pdf], [corpus]
- I will serve as an Area Chair for NAACL 2016 and for ACL 2016. Workshop Chair for EMNLP 2016.
- Co-organizer of a EMNLP 2015 workshop on computational semantics. See LSDSem.
- Nominated for 'Best Research Abstract' at SIGAI Career Network Conference (SIGAI CNC) 2015.
alouis at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk
Informatics Forum 3.51
University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB