- Natural Language Generation
- Dialogue systems
- Cultural Heritage
- Tutorial dialogue systems
- Corpus Annotation
- PhD, start date September 2014 - “Natural Language Generation from Cultural Heritage Data”, supervised by Jon Oberlander and Claire Grover.
- Learning Analytics Report Card project funded by Edinburgh University's Principal's Teaching Award Scheme, led by Jeremy Knox
- Petras Stips - "Smart Transactions in Public Spaces"
- JAMES - EU FP7 Joint Action for Multimodal Embodied Social Systems. A socially intelligent humanoid robot.
- Talisman - Smart Tourism project designed to enhance museum visitor experience through serving up personally relevant, bite-size chunks of information through the development and testing of a digitally enhanced take-home souvenir.
- Beetle - a tutorial dialogue system for basic electronics, funded by the Office for Naval Research (ONR).
INDIGO - EU
FP6 Interaction with Personality and Dialogue Enabled
“The goal of INDIGO is to develop technology that will facilitate the advancement of human-robot interaction. This will be achieved both by enabling robots to perceive natural human behaviour as well as by making them act in ways that are familiar to humans.”
Video of INDIGO human-robot interaction trials.
- EU FP6 Joint Action Science and Technology
“The main objective of JAST is to build jointly-acting autonomous systems that communicate and work intelligently on mutual tasks.”
- Methodius - a Proof of Concept Project funded by the Scottish Executive to reimpliment the generation technology developed by the M-PIRO project.
- CrAg - CRitical AGent dialogue, an Edinburgh-Stanford Link project
- M-PIRO - EU FP5 Multilingual Personalised Information Objects
- HCRC Map Task XML annotations, and the HCRC Map Task Corpus Interface demo.
- MATE - EU LE4 Multilevel Annotation, Tools Engineering
- NITE - Natural Interactivity, Tools Engineering
- PC member: INLG 2017
- PC member: LaTeCH-CLfL 2017
- PC member: SemDial 2017 (Saardial)
- PC member: RO-MAN 2017
- PC member: COLING 2016
- Organizer and PC chair of the 9th International Natural Language Generation conference (INLG 2016), to be held in 50 George Square, University of Edinburgh, 5-8 September 2016.
- PC member: LaTeCH 2016
- PC member: RO-MAN 2016
- PC member: SemDial 2016 (JerSem)
- PC member: 2015 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics - Human Language Technologies (NAACL HLT 2015)
- PC member: SemDial 2015 (goDIAL)
- Organizer of the 1st Workshop on Data-To-Text Generation held at the Informatics Forum at the University of Edinburgh on 6 March 2015.
- Invited Seminar Talk at The Open University Centre for Research in Computing “Generation of Speech and Gesture in Social Robotics”
- PC member: SemDial 2014 (DialWatt)
- PC member: ICMI 2014 workshop on Multimodal, Multi-Party, Real-World Human-Robot Interaction
- Invited Participant at the ICT Workshop on Formalizing Dialogue Genres for Efficient Virtual Character Creation Los Angeles, September 29-October 1, 2014
- PC chair: SemDial 2013 (DialDam)
- PC member: Thirteenth International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA 2013)
- PC member: SemDial 2012 (SeineDial)
- PC member: SemDial 2011 (Los Angelogue)