Cristina Adriana Alexandru
· Software Engineering, Software Validation and Verification
· Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering
· Software Modelling and Simulation
· Software Quality and Usability
· Software Metrics, Empirical Analysis
· Telemedicine, telehealthcare, eHealth, Medical Informatics
Most recent publications:
1) C.A. Alexandru, D. Clutterbuck, P. Papapanagiotou, J. Fleuriot, A. Manataki (2017). A Step Towards the Standardisation of HIV Care Practices, In HEALTHINF 2017: 10th International Conference on Health Informatics, Porto, Portugal, February 2017. In press.
2) V. Hanschke, A. Manataki, C.A. Alexandru, P. Papapanagiotou, C. Deighan, L. Taylor and D. Robertson (2017) Designing a Social Machine for the Heart Manual Service, In HEALTHINF 2017: 10th International Conference on Health Informatics, Porto, Portugal, February 2017. In press.
3) A. Alexandru, C. A. Alexandru, D. Coardos, E. Tudora (2016). Big Data: Concepts, Technologies and Applications in the Public Sector, ICACSE 2016:18th International Conference on Applied computer Science and Engineering, Conference Proceedings, Prague Czech Republic, Oct 6-7, 2016, 18(10), Part VI, pp. 879-885, EISSN: 2010-3778, PISSN: 2010-376X; Awarded with the Best Paper Award.
4) A. Alexandru, C. A. Alexandru, D. Coardos, E. Tudora (2016). Big Data: Concepts, Technologies and Applications in the Public Sector, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, Vol:10, No:10, 2016, pp. 1629-1635.
5) A. Alexandru, C.A. Alexandru, D. Coardos, E. Tudora (2016). Healthcare, Big Data and Cloud Computing, WSEAS Transactions on Computer Research, ISSN / E-ISSN: 1991-8755 / 2415-1521, Volume 4, 2016, Art. #14, pp. 123-131.
6) C.A. Alexandru (2016). Considerations of Interface Efficiency in Scaling up Telehealthcare Systems. Procedia Computer Science, 98, pp. 308-315, Book series, WOS:000387551200041
7) J. Rutter, C. Alexandru, E. Niven, M. Wolters, R. Logie (2015). The Museum as a Memory Institution, The Psychonomic Society Governing Board Edinburgh Symposium.
8) C.A. Alexandru (2014). Using Models and Simulation for Predicting Efficiency as a Measure of Success of Different Telemedicine Deployments, In eTELEMED 2014: The Sixth International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine, Barcelona, Spain, March 2014; Awarded with the Best Paper Award
9) C.A. Alexandru and P. Stevens (2013), Predicting the Usability of Telemedicine Systems in Different Deployments through Modelling and Simulation, Proceedings of the European Workshop on Practical Aspects of Health Informatics (PAHI 2013), Edinburgh.
10) C.A. Alexandru and P. Stevens (2012), Models to Extend the Scope of Usability Testing for Telemedicine Systems. In Digital Futures 2012: The Third Annual Digital Economy All Hands Conference, Aberdeen.
Older publications (in reverse order):
1) C.A. Alexandru, B. McKinstry (2012). Usability Evaluation of Clinician Web Back-Ends to Telemonitoring Systems: Two Case-Studies in Scotland , Studies in Informatics and Control; 21(2)
2) C.A. Alexandru, S. Anderson, B. McKinstry, J. Ure, D. Robertson (2011). Resilient peer communities (abstract refereed), Resilience Engineering International Symposium, Sophia Antipolis
3) C.A. Alexandru (2010). Usability Testing and Improvement of Telemedicine Websites, Master's thesis, University of Edinburgh, School of Informatics
4) A. Alexandru, O. Bica, E. Tudora, C.S. Alecu, C.A. Alexandru, I. Covalcic (2010). Enhancing the Quality of Learning by Using an Innovative Approach for Teaching Energy in Secondary Schools, ICACSE 2010: "International Conference on Applied Computer Science and Engineering", Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET), Year 6, Issue 70, September 28-30, 2010, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 5 pages, ISSN: 1307-6892.
5) A. Alexandru, Bica, O., Tudora, E., Alecu, C. S., Alexandru, C. A., & Covalcic, I. (2010). Enhancing the Quality of Learning by Using an Innovative Approach for Teaching Energy in Secondary Schools. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 4(9), 1970-1974.
6) A. Alexandru, G. Gorghiu, C. L. Nicolescu, C.A. Alexandru (2010). Using OLAP Systems to Manage Environmental Risks in Dambovita County, Bulletin of University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, 2010, Volume 67 (2), pp. 394-399, AcademicPress, ISSN 1843-5254, ISSN 1843-5394
7) A. Alexandru, C.A. Alexandru (2008). A Working Environment for Graphical Interfaces for Visually Impaired People (in Romanian), Volume of Works of the 5th National Conference on Human-Computer Interaction ROCHI 2008, A.I. Cuza University Iasi, 18-19 September 2008, Iasi, Romania, pag. 157-158, MATRIX ROM Printing House, ISBN 1843-4460
8) A. Alexandru, C.A. Alexandru (2008). The Access to Mathematics for Blind and Visually Impaired People (in Romanian), 1st National Conference on Inclusive Informatical Technologies ProInclusiv 2008, The Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, 7-18 April 2008, ASE Bucuresti Printing House 2008, ISBN 978-606-505-048-8
9) A. Alexandru, C.S. Alecu, C.A. Alexandru (2007). Visually Impaired People’s Access to Mathematics (in Romanian), 4th National Conference of Human-Computer Interaction, RoCHI 2007, Constanta, 20-21 September 2007, pp. 211-212.
10) A. Alexandru, E. Jitaru, C.A. Alexandru (2007). Energy and Environment, Bibliotheca Publishng House, Targoviste 2007, ISBN 978-973-721-271-1.
11) A. Alexandru, E. Jitaru, C.A. Alexandru (2006). Web-Based Education of Energy- Efficient Appliances in Romania, Proceedings of the 5th RoEduNet IEEE International Conference, Sibiu Romania, 1-3 June 2006, “Lucian Blaga” University Printing House, 2006, ISBN (10) 973-739-277-9, ISBN (13) 978-973-739-277-0 (ISI PUBLICATION)
12) A. Alexandru, E. Jitaru, C.A. Alexandru, O. Bica (2006). The Role of the User Interface in the Universal Access in the Context of the Information Society (in Romanian), HUMAN - COMPUTER INTERACTION, Proceedings of the Third National Conference of Human - Computer Interaction- RoCHI 2006, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, 21-22 September 2006, addendum to the ECONOMIC INFORMATICS magazine, Volume X 2006, pages 67-71.
13) A. Alexandru, E. Jitaru, C.A. Alexandru (2004). Education in Energy and Environment (in Romanian), National Conference of New and Renewable Energy Sources (CNSNRE 2004), 29-30 September 2004, Târgovişte, on CD-ROM
14) A. Alexandru, E. Jitaru, C.A. Alexandru (2004). Energy Saving in the Home using Energy Efficient Appliances. Teacher’s guide, September 2004, 58 pages