Dr. Hakan Bilen
School of Informatics 1.41a
University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB
NEWS / ACTIVITY
- June’18. I am seeking a postdoc in computer vision and machine learning.
- April’18, Organising a CVPR’18 tutorial about WSL.
- March’18, CVPR’18 and NIPS’18 code is available now.
- March’18, Area chair in ECCV’18 and BMVC’18.
- Feb’18, CVPR’18 paper is accepted, congrats to Sylvestre and Andrea!
- Outstanding reviewer at ICCV’17.
- Nov’17. State-of-the-art action classification performance in our pami journal.
I am seeking a UK/EU PhD candidate in computer vision and machine learning.
- September 2017. Two papers (an oral and a spotlight) accepted at NIPS’17.
- July’17. ICCV paper accepted as oral.
I am a lecturer (assistant professor) in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. My research focuses on computer vision and machine learning. Before Edinburgh, I have spent three wonderful years in the great Visual Geometry Group (VGG) at the University of Oxford as a postdoc, working with Andrea Vedaldi.
I completed my PhD in VISICS group in KU Leuven. I was lucky to work with Luc Van Gool and Tinne Tuytelaars. My PhD topic was about image classification with latent parameters with a focus on weakly supervised object detection and action recognition.
My bachelor’s and master’s degrees are from Sabanci University where I was working on micro-robotics with Mustafa Unel who thankfully introduced me to computer vision.