Dr. Hakan Bilen
School of Informatics 1.41a
University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB
NEWS / ACTIVITY
- Feb’18, CVPR’18 paper is accepted, congrats to Sylvestre and Andrea!
- Outstanding reviewer at ICCV’17.
- Nov’17. State-of-the-art action classification performance in our pami journal.
- Oct’17. I am seeking a UK/EU PhD candidate in computer vision and machine learning.
- September 2017. Two papers (an oral and a spotlight) accepted at NIPS’17. Congrats to my coauthors!
- July’17. Our ICCV paper is accepted as oral presentation. Congrats to my coauthors!
I am a lecturer (assistant professor in the US) in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. Before Edinburgh, I have spent three wonderful years in the great Visual Geometry Group (VGG) at the University of Oxford as a postdoc, working with Andrea Vedaldi. My research focuses on computer vision and machine learning.
Before joining VGG, I completed my PhD in VISICS group in KU Leuven supervision of Luc Van Gool and worked with Tinne Tuytelaars as a postdoctoral scholar in the same group for a year. My research was about image classification with latent parameters with a focus on weakly supervised object detection and action recognition.
I received my bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the mechatronics programme of Sabanci University where I was working on micro-robotics with Mustafa Unel.