Dr. Hakan Bilen
School of Informatics 1.41a
University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB
NEWS / ACTIVITY
- Dec’18, ICLR paper accepted. Congrats to Lucas and Iain.
- Nov’18, Welcome Konda.
- Oct’18, Welcome Octave.
- Sept’18, Welcome Taha.
- Sept’18, Welcome Wei-Hong.
- Sept’18, Two papers accepted at NIPS.
- April’18, Organising a CVPR’18 tutorial about WSL.
- March’18, CVPR’18 and NIPS’17 code is available now.
- March’18, Area chair in ECCV’18 and BMVC’18.
- Feb’18, CVPR’18 paper is accepted, congrats to Sylvestre and Andrea!
- Outstanding reviewer at ICCV’17.
- Nov’17. State-of-the-art action classification performance in our pami journal.
I am seeking a UK/EU PhD candidate in computer vision and machine learning.
- September 2017. Two papers (an oral and a spotlight) accepted at NIPS’17.
- July’17. ICCV paper accepted as oral.
I am a lecturer (assistant professor) in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh and leading the Visual Computing Group (VICO). My research focuses on computer vision and machine learning. Before Edinburgh, I have spent three wonderful years in the great Visual Geometry Group (VGG) at the University of Oxford as a postdoc, working with Andrea Vedaldi.
I completed my PhD in VISICS group in KU Leuven. I was lucky to work with Luc Van Gool and Tinne Tuytelaars. My PhD topic was about image classification with latent parameters with a focus on weakly supervised object detection and action recognition.
My bachelor’s and master’s degrees are from Sabanci University where I was working on micro-robotics with Mustafa Unel who thankfully introduced me to computer vision.