General Information on Speech Technology
Other www Speech and Language pages
- Sydney University Speech Group.
- Speech, Hearing and Language Research Centre at Macquarie University. Contact addresses only.
- ELIS Speech Lab Speech recorgnition, labelling and TTS (one page) [ see Eurovocs in demo section]
- Digital Speech Processing Laboratory of the Royal Military Academy.
research group in the MULTITEL - TCTS Lab at the Faculte polytechnique de Mons.
- SOCS Speech Lab at McGill University. Speech recognition.
- Telecommunications &
Signal Processing Laboratory at McGill University. Speech coding
and speech enhancement with abstracts of papers and links to speech
file software accessable by ftp.
- The Center for Person Kommunikation at Aalborg.Text on speech projects (one page)
- Neural networks research Centre, Helsinki University of TechnologySpeech recognition and Clinical voice analysis using Self organizing maps and Learning vector quantisation. Free software. See also Jari Kangas research interests.
- ICP at GrenobleSpeech synthesis
and lip synthesis (see demos).
- The Neural Net Speech Group at University of Karlsruhe
- The Institute for Computational Linguistics at the University of Koblenz
- The Institute of Phonetics and Speech Communication - University of Munich
- ATR ITL.
- ATR Advanced Telephony
- AIST Shikano-Lab.
- Aizu Univ. Sugiyama-Lab.
- Kyoto Univ. Dohshita-Lab.
- Mizoguchi Lab at the Institute of Science and Industrial Research, Osaka University.Spoken language
processing including concept-to-speech and dialogue processing.
- Dictation WG
- UVA - the Institute of Phonetic Sciences, Amsterdam
- Speech Communication and Music Acoustics at KTH, Stockholm
- Institut Dalle Molle d'Intelligence Artificelle Perceptive (IDIAP)Neural Network research including speech and speaker
recognition. No online info.
- The Synth List at University of Birmingham
- Natural Language Processing group at Cambridge
- Speech Vision and Robotics Group at Cambridge
- Dundee Microcentre at the University of Dundee, Scotland
- The Centre for Speech Technology Research at University of Edinburgh
- Centre for Communications Interface Research at the University of Edinburgh
- Human Communication Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh
- Communication and Neuroscience at Keele University
- The Speech Laboratory at The University of Leeds
- Speech Research Laboratory at Reading UK
- Speech and Hearing research at the University of Sheffield
- Vision Speech and Signal Processing Group at Southampton University
- Vision Speech and Signal Processing Group at the University of Surrey
- Phonetics and Linguistics at University College London
- Speech Research at the University of York
- Real-time visual displays for the voice (York University Dept of Electronics)
- Signal Processing Lab at Telecomcations Research Centre, Arizona State University
- The Neural Net Speech Group at Carnegie Mellon
- Center for the Study of Language and Information at Stanford
- Perceptual Science Laboratory at University of California Santa Cruz
- International Computer Science Institute Realization Group at Berkeley CA
- Haskins laboratories
- Automatic Speech Recognition Lab at the University of Illinois
- Speech Research program at duPont Institute US
- Speech systems lab at MIT
- Center for Spoken Language Understanding at Oregon Graduate Institute
- Malcolm Slaney StuffSoftware models and papers for auditory modeling at Interval and Apple
- sun microsystems - SpeechActs
- Canon Research Centre Europe Speech and natural Language processing.
- Embratel Brasil's Telecommunications Company. No Speech Technology pages.
- Command Corporation
- Dialogic Corporation
Speech recognition, TTS and other products
- STAR Speech technology Research Laboratory at SRI international
- Bolt Beranek and Newman including work on the Hark recogniser.
- Dragon Systems Product
news, technical support, publications and job openings.
- Voice Processing Inc Speech
recognition technology and developer training
- Computational Phonology
- Berkeley Phonology Laboratory at UC
- CCRMA at Stanford
- comp.speech archives at Cambridge
- Klatt, RSynth and CELP source code
- Linguistic Data Consortium
- ESPRIT - SpeechMaps (analysis and synthesis) at Lausanne
- Hearing, Speech and Language [infogopher.york.ac.uk]
- Auditory Perception of Speech [infogopher.york.ac.uk]
- NSF Speech Grants
- NIH Speech Grants
- SIL Freeware International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) fonts (Windows/Mac)
- SALT Speech and Language Technology mailing list.
- UBILAB - The Union Bank of Switzerland IT LaboratoryHCI stuff - no speech research
- A great
collection of dictionaries at University of Passau
- Neural Net Information from TU Eindhoven
- DTI Neural Computing
- The Computation and Language E-Print Archive
- Natural Language Software Registry
- Signal Processing Home Page
- Speech Synthesis Refs from Melvyl
- VERBMOBIL" Combined research effort within Germany to produce a mobile system for the translation of spontaneous speech
- Elsevier Science : Speech Communication
- ELSNET (European Network in Language and Speech)
- NMSU : The Consortium for Lexical Research
- NMSU : The Association for Computational Linguistics
- Association for Computational Linguistics
- Workshop on
Very Large Corpora
- ESCA (European Speech Communication Association)
Journal of Sound and Vibration (contents of recent issues) from
Journal of Phonetics (contents of recent issues) from
Computer Speech and Language (contents of recent issues) from
- RELATOR . European Language Resources Association - 4th Framework information.
- Cocosda Coordinating committee on speech databases and speech I/O systems assessment
- IEEE The institute of electrical and electronic engineers including previews of publications.
- EPSRC Engineering and
Physical Sciences Research Council including programme information.
- Bavarian Archive for Speech Signals (BAS) - University of Munich, Germany.
- Speech Corpora: Center for Spoken Language Understanding - Oregon Graduate Institute.
- Linguistic Data Consortium.
- LDC Linguistic Data Consortium.
- The Natural Language Software Registry. at DFKI Saarbrueken.
- ELRA European Language Resources Association. A European repository for EU-funded language resources.
- NEURAL NET FAQ
- HUMAN AUDIO PERCEPTION FAQ
- AUDIO FILE FORMAT FAQ
- SPEECH FAQ
- MIT Media Lab Masters thesis,Janet Cahn Expressive speech from DecTalk3 using Af fectEditor to manipulate pitch, timing, voice quality and articulation. 3 examples.
- Say TTS demo
- synthesis examples at ICP CNRS
- AsTeR (LateX to speech demo) at Cornell
- Synthesis examples at KTH, Sweden
- Interactive TTS demo at Duisburg University
- ELIS group Eurovocs commercial TTS examples. American, Dutch, German,
French, Spanish 8k and 11k. [200k files!] Synthesiser by Technologie &
Revalidatie and TTS by Lernout & Hauspie.
- YorkTalk synthesis examples from the University of York
Analogue vowel synthesis examples
- Sun Speechacts featuring BBN's Hark recognizer and Centigram's TruVoice synthesizer along with our Swiftus natural language processor
- Speech recognition at cambridge
- Speech synthesis at Cambridge Concatenation of HMM state segments using PSOLA. No
hand segmentation required.
- MBROLA Free TTS system software and diphone databases.
Ths section is still under construction.
- Linguistics Department at Macquarie University. Contact addresses only.
- Centre for Computational Linguistics at the University of Leuven.
- Computer Science Department at the University of Namur. They have a research group on Human Computer Interface and Multimedia Communication.
- Dept of Linguistic Data Processing at the University of Köln.Extensive pages covering research, lectures, courses and a further list of links.
- The Institute for Computational Linguistics (in German) at the University of Koblenz"
- Computational Linguistics at the University of Saarbruecken"
- Phonetics at the University of Saarbruecken"
- Dept of
Linguistics at the
University of Natal,
Staff, courses, conference details and a small page of
Computational Linguistics at
Dept of Linguistics at
Department of Linguistics at
Phonetics and Linguistics at
Dept of Linguistic Science at the
University of Reading,
Staff details, prospectus and the Speech Research
- School of Oriental and African Studies.
Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences at
- The Consortium for
Summer Institute of Linguistics, Dallas.
Institute interested in the study of minority languages
around the wo
- Dept of
Linguistics at the
University of Rochester. Extensive pages including
and a further
Department of Linguistics at
the Ohio State University.