Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Robotics and Computer Vision
My research is focused on probabilistic methods for localization, state estimation and mapping for robots and autonomous systems. I am also interested in high dimensional motion planning and manipulation for humanoid robots.
I am Principal Investigator of the Robot Perception Group where you will find more detailed information about our research.
- Robot Perception Group
- Edinburgh-NASA Valkyrie Project
- Edinburgh Center for Robotics
- Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour
- Email: maurice.fallon at ed.ac.uk
- Office: +44 (0) 131 650 2859
- Address: Room 1-29, Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, UK.
- Directions to the Informatics Forum
- From April 2017: Departmental Lecturer, Oxford Robotics Institute at the University of Oxford
- 2013-2017: Chancellor’s Fellow, School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh
- 2012-15: Perception Lead, MIT DARPA Robotics Challenge Team
- 2012-15: Research Scientist, MIT Locomotion Group with Seth Teller and Russ Tedrake
- 2008-12: Post Doc, Marine Robotics Group, Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with John Leonard
- 2004-08: PhD, Information Engineering, University of Cambridge with Simon Godsill
- 2000-04: BEng, Electronic Engineering, University College Dublin, Ireland
I tought Introduction to Vision and Robotics in Autumn 2016