My work is currently focused on statistical machine translation (video), but
more broadly defined, my interest is to make use of the vast amount of
information that is available in digital form.
My book on statistical machine translation is now available from amazon.uk and amazon.com.
More on the Statistical Machine Translation Group here. Come and join our weekly meeting!
Starting January 2014, I will be mainly at Johns Hopkins University, but remain affiliated with the University of Edinburgh.
software and resources
- Statistical Machine Translation Website
- Text book, 2010
- Moses, an open source statistical machine translation system
- Online Translation, based on Moses
- SMT Research Survey Wiki, a Wiki covering all research publications in statistical machine translation
- Online Evaluation Matrix, EuroMatrix project
- Computer Aided Translation Tool Caitra, EuroMatrixPlus project
- Pharaoh, 2003, 2004, a beam search decoder for phrase-based statistical machine translation models (replaced by Moses)
- Parallel Corpus European Parliament Proceedings,
2001, 2003, 2007.
- German-English Parallel Corpus "de-news", Daily News 1996-2000,
Information about applying
- Maria Nadejde, PhD student, 2012-
- Liane Guillou, PhD student, 2012-
- Christian Buck, PhD student, 2011-
- Eva Hasler, PhD student, 2010-
- Philip Williams, PhD student, 2009-
- Michael Auli, PhD student, 2008-2012
- Loïc Dugast, PhD student, 2006-2012
- Hieu Hoang, PhD student, 2005-2011
- Abhishek Arun, PhD student, 2005-2010
for a PhD or MSc in Informatics at Edinburgh.
- CASMACAT, EC FP7 STREP, 2011-2014
- MateCat, EC FP7 STREP, 2011-2014
- ACCEPT, EC FP7 STREP, 2012-2015
- MosesCore, EC FP7 CSA, 2012-2015
- EU BRIDGE, EC FP7 IP, 2012-2015
- BOLT, DARPA subcontract, 2011-
- Let's MT, EC ICT-PSP, 2010-2012
- EuroMatrixPlus, EC FP7 STREP, 2009-2012
- EuroMatrix, EC FP6 STREP, 2006-2009
- AGILE, DARPA subcontract, 2005-2011
- JHU Summer Workshop, 2006