I am very keen on recruiting excellent students to work with me, at the Undergrad, MSc, PhD or postdoc level.
Please contact me if you are interested. I have a few projects available that I would be happy to discuss.
- We have a large number of PhD studentships for UK students (Or EU students who have lived in the UK for more than 3 years). Apply to the doctoral training center program (DTC).
- For other students, you can apply to the EUROSPIN Erasmus Mundus joint doctoral program in Neuroinformatics, which I am involved in. This program is a partnership with Universities in Sweden (Stockholm - KTH), Germany (Freiburg) and India (Bangalore- NCBS) and involves mobility between partners sites.
- Check also the links on the pages of Informatics or ANC.
- I am happy to help students apply for postdoc fellowships to work with us, for eg. Newton Fellowships .
- French students can check fellowships from the Fyssen Fundation. Also, at the MSc and PhD level: Bourses Eiffel. I'm potentially interested in co-supervisions with a French laboratory (see the entente cordiale scheme , for eg).
- Matteo Colombo (with Andy Clark), PhD student. Social Norms and the Brain. Matteo is now a postdoc at Tilburg University.
- David Reichert, DTC PhD student (with Amos Storkey ). Deep Boltzmann Machines as models of perception in the visual cortex. David is now a postdoc at Brown University, working with Thomas Serre.
- Matthew Chalk (DTC PhD student 2008-) .
Attention, Expectations and Bayesian Priors, in collaboration with Alex Thiele and Aaron Seitz . Matty is now a postdoc at the Group for Neural Theory, ENS, Paris working with Sophie Deneve
- Betty Tijms, DTC PhD student 2008-2012 (with Stephen Lawrie).
Quantifying the structure of the brain in health and disease.
Betty is now a postdoctoral fellow at the Alzheimer centre, department of Neurology, VUmc, Amsterdam.
- Clemens Korndorfer (visiting student - Autumn 2011)
Effect of reward on motion perception. Clemens is now back in Osnabruck.
- Aistis Stankevicius (UG4 student - 2010-2011)
Optimism in decision making, in collaboration with Quentin Huys. Aistis is now a DTC student.
- Nikos Gekas (DTC MSc student - Summer 2011)
Learning Complex Priors, in collaboration with Aaron Seitz. Nikos is now a DTC student working in my group.
- Rimvydas Naktinis (MSc student - Summer 2011)
Center-surround modulations and the "unaware" decoder.
- Wei Cao (MSc student - Summer 2011)
Modeling the slow speed prior.
- Dagmara Panas (DTC MSc student - Summer 2010)
Learning expectations and the specificity of Bayesian priors. Daga is now a DTC student working with Matthias Henning.
- Elizabeth Bell (DTC MSc student - Summer 2010)
Computational Neuroscience of Eating Disorders. Lizzie is now a DTC student working with Helen Pain.
- Cornelius Mun Chiew Lee (Msc student - Summer 2010)
Models of Addiction.
- Panagiotis Malliakas (Msc student - Summer 2010)
Models of Serotonin, in collaboration with Quentin Huys
- Marco Muscat (Msc studen - Summer 2010)
Neural Models of Bayesian Priors.
- Aditi Kalra (UG4 2009-2010)
Optimism in Decision-making, in collaboration with Quentin Huys
Stephane Clery (MSc student - Summer 09)
Neuromodulation and Attention, in collaboration with Boris Gutkin.
Stephane is now pursuing a PhD in visual psychophysics in Saint Andrews with Julie Harris
- Amalia Papanikolaou (Msc student -- Summer 09)
Reinforcement learning with spiking neurons.
Amalia is now pursuing a PhD in Tuebingen.
- Vincent Valton (MSc student - Summer 09)
Encoding and Decoding in multiple dimensions.
Vincent is now a DTC student here.
- Hugh Pastoll (MSc student - Summer 08)
Mechanisms of perceptual learning.
Hugh is now a DTC student, pursuing a PhD with Matt Nolan.
- Martin O'Reilly (MSc student - Summer 08)
Mechanisms of visual adaptation.
Martin is now a DTC student at Complex, UCL.
- Stuart Yarrow (MSc student - Summer 08)
Information measures and neural coding.
Stuart is now a DTC student here.
- Edward Challis (MSc student - Summer 07)
Information measures and neural coding.
(Xerox prize for the best AI MSC dissertation !)
Ed is pursuing a PhD in machine learning at UCL.
- Kyriakos Manolis (UG4 student 08-09)
Models of Decision-Making
- Grigorios Sotiropoulos (UG4 08-09)
Hyperacuity and Perceptual learning in collaboration with Aaron Seitz.
Greg is now a DTC student here.
- Guillaume Hennequin (MSc student - Summer 07)
Perceptual learning and population codes. Guillaume is pursuing a PhD at EPFL with W. Gerstner.