Next: Evolutions in the
Up: Introduction to Active
Previous: Introduction to Active
- Video-rate systems: (Europe 25/50 Hz, US 30/60 Hz)
- System is fast enough to process every frame.
- Note distinction between processing time (Tp) and delay (Td).
- Video rate Tp 25 Hz; Application can require Td to be
- Hard Real time systems :
- System returns results within a fixed delay, , determined by
- Soft Real time systems :
- System returns a result with an average delay of .
- Some frames may skipped.
- Continuously operating systems :
- System is cyclic process.
- Processing based on previous results.
- Purposive vision (Y. Aloimonos)
- The visual computation is determined by the goals of the
Fri Jun 30 18:47:32 MET DST 1995