Next: Vision As Process
Up: Introduction to Active
Previous: Evolutions in the
- Popular Historical Roots :
- 1982 : Term first used by Bajcsy (Nato Workshop)
- 1987 : Paper by Aloimonous et al. at ICCV
- 1989 : Entire session at ICCV (Dec 89)
Papers by Ballard and Brown, etc.
(Start of project "Vision as Process")
- References :
- J.Y. Aloimonos, I. Weiss and A. Bandopadhay, "Active
Vision", International Journal on Computer Vision, pp. 333-
- R. Bajcsy, "Active Perception", IEEE Proceedings, Vol 76,
No 8, pp. 996-1006, August 1988.
- D. Ballard, "Animate Vision", Artificial Intelligence, Vol 48,
No. 1, pp. 1-27, February 1991.
- Some less well known (deeper roots) :
- J.J. Gibson, "The senses Considered as perceptual
Systems", Houghton Mifflin, Bosten, MA, 1966.
- I. Sobel, Doctoral Thesis on automatic control of image
- A.C. Sanderson, L.E. Weiss "Image Based Visual Servo
Control Using Relational Graph Error Signal", IEEE Int. Conf.
Cybernetics and Society, Cambridge, MA Oct. 1980, pp.
- D.A. Robinson, "Why Visuomotor Systems Don't Like
Negative Feedback And How They Avoid It", in M.A . Arbib
and A.R. Hanson, Eds, Vision, Brain, and Cooperative
Computation. Cambridge, MA: MIT. 1988.
Vision as Process
Fri Jun 30 18:47:32 MET DST 1995