Next: Vision As Process
Up: Introduction to Active
Previous: Active Computer Vision
text: To read about the project Vision as Process
- Starting Point :
- Generalize the ideas from active camera control for the
integration and control of complete vision systems.
- Principles :
- Vision only a component of a larger vision system
- A vision system is a collection of competences
- The competences should be specified by the end use
- General Vision Large collection of competences
and the ability to switch between them
- Tasks for vision:
recognition, understanding, reconstruction
- To this we add control.
- Vision can serve as the reference for controlling processes
- Control, recognition, reconstruction and understanding mutually
aid each other.
- To be general we need
- a) Integrate a large collection of competences
- b) An ability to configure and control competences for the task
Fri Jun 30 18:47:32 MET DST 1995