I'm a PhD student at the Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation (School
of Informatics - University of Edinburgh). I am currently working under the supervision of Frank Keller and Christoph Scheepers. My research is funded by the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance (SICSA).
The aim of our research is to study the temporal dynamics of the integration of context into conceptual representation. Our method combines information extracted from semantic feature norms with the use of eye-tracking. The former
are a traditional way to study the internal structure of a concept and
identify contextual effects; the latter allow us to monitor the
temporal dynamics of contextual processing online.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- Frassinelli, Diego, Frank Keller, and Christoph Scheepers. 2013. "The Effect of Incremental Context on Conceptual Processing: Evidence from Visual World and Reading Experiments". In M. Knauff, M. Pauen, N. Sebanz, and I. Wachsmuth Eds., Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 460-466. Berlin. (PAPER)
- Frassinelli, Diego and Frank Keller. 2012. "The Plausibility of Semantic Properties Generated by a Distributional Model: Evidence from a Visual World Experiment". In Naomi Miyake, David Peebles, and Richard P. Cooper Eds., Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 1560-1565. Sapporo.(PAPER)(POSTER)
- Frassinelli Diego and Alessandro Lenci. 2012. "Concepts in context: Evidence from a feature-norming study". In Naomi Miyake, David Peebles, and Richard P. Cooper Eds., Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 1565-1571. Sapporo. (PAPER) (POSTER)
- Barbera Massimiliano, Marlen Barth, Diego Frassinelli and Gabriella Lapesa. 2007. "La' dove il Si' suona. Un'analisi parametrica delle sibilanti di Carrara", in La fonetica sperimentale, metodo e applicazioni, Proceedings of the Fourth national conference of the Italian Association of Speech Sciences, 105-125. Cosenza.
- Frassinelli, Diego and Alessandro Lenci. 2012. "Linguistic and simulation systems: contextual effects in a property generation task". Embodied & Situated Language
Processing. Newcastle. (ABSTRACT)
Frassinelli, Diego. 2015. "The Effect of Context on the Activation and Processing of Word Meaning Over Time". Ph.D Thesis, University of Edinburgh. (THESIS)
- Frassinelli, Diego. 2010. "The Situated Nature of Concepts : Evidence from a Property Generation Task". Unpublished MA thesis, University of Pisa.
- Frassinelli, Diego. 2006. "The use of stochastic methods in Computational Linguistics: the case of Named Entity Recognition". Unpublished BA thesis, University of Pisa.
- Teaching Assistant. INF1-CG: Cognitive Science, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, UK, Lecturers: Henry S. Thompson, Richard Shillcock.
- Norms: a collection of semantic feature norms for concepts situated in different contexts.