1.34 Informatics Forum
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB
I am studing my third year of the PhD in the CArD - Compiler and Architecture Design Group in the School of Informatics at The University of Edinburgh under the supervision of Christophe Dubach. I am a member of the ICSA - Institute for Computing Systems Architecture. My PhD is funded by Oracle Labs.
My work is focused on runtimes systems for heterogeneous computing. I am using Graal, a new JIT compiler developed by Oracle Labs, to apply compiler transformantions and code generation for OpenCL.
My research is focused on Compilers and Runtime Code Generation for Heterogeneous Computing. I am interested in:
- Compiler techniques.
- Software design.
- High-Level Virtual Machines.
- Data management for heterogeneous systems.
- Heterogeneous and parallel computing.
- June - Nov 2015: Oracle Labs intern (Linz, Austria) : FastR and Apache Flink. R Compiler support for distributed data and batch processing.
- July - September 2013: CERN Openlab 2013 (Geneva, Switzerland): Vectorization with Intel Haswell Microarchitecture.
- September - Nov 2012: Edinburgh Parallel Computing Center (EPCC, Edinburgh): HPC-Europa2 scholarship. accULL compiler and a runtime system for mutiple-GPU using OpenACC.
- July 2012 - June 2013: Research Institute for Renowable Energy (Spain) : system administration for HPC service.
- September 2010 - July 2012: SAII (La Laguna University - Spain): system administration for HPC service.
- Tutor: Object Oriented Programming (Java course), The University of Edinburgh. Code: INF1-OP 2016
- Tutor: Object Oriented Programming (Java course), The University of Edinburgh. Code: INF1-OP 2015
- 3rd May 2017, University of Glasgow (Glasgow Parallelism Group): OpenCL Just-In-Time Compilation for Dynamic Programming Languages
- 18th May 2016, University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh R Users Group): FastR-Flink
- 18th January 2016, TU Berlin (Germany): FastR-Flink. A compiler based approach for distributed computing in R.
- Organizer PhD student talks at Informatics Forum. Monthly technical talks for PhD students in Computer Science.
- Juan Jose Fumero, Michel Steuwer, Lukas Stadler and Christophe Dubach. Just-In-Time GPU Compilation for Interpreted Languages with Partial Evaluation Accepted in VEE'17
- Juan Jose Fumero, Michel Steuwer, Lukas Stadler and Christophe Dubach. OpenCL JIT Compilation for Dynamic Programming Languages Accepted in MoreVMs 2017
- Juan Jose Fumero, Toomas Remmelg, Michel Steuwer and Christophe Dubach. Runtime Code Generation and Data Management for Heterogenous Computing in Java PPPJ'15. |
- Juan Jose Fumero, Michel Steuwer and Christophe Dubach. Enabling Heterogeneous Computing in Java ECOOP Truffle Workshop 2015. |
- Juan Jose Fumero, Michel Steuwer and Christophe Dubach. API and Runtime System for Heterogeneous Composable in Java [POSTER] at HiPEAC 2015 |
- Juan Jose Fumero, Michel Steuwer and Christophe Dubach. A Composable Array Function Interface for Heterogeneous Computing in Java: PLDI ARRAY 14. |
- Juan Jose Fumero, Andrzej Nowak. Vectorization with Haswell and CilkPlus. Report at CERN openlab 2013. August 2013.
- R. Reyes, Juan J. Fumero, J. Lucas and Francisco de Sande. Programming for GPUs: the Directive-Based Approach. 8th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing.
- R. Reyes, Ivan Lopez, Juan J. Fumero and Francisco de Sande. State of the Art in OpenACC Implementations. Journal of Supercomputing. Year: 2013. DOI: 10.1007/s11227-012-0853-z.
- R. Reyes, Ivan Lopez, Juan J. Fumero and Francisco de Sande. An Early Evaluation of the OpenACC Standard. 12th International Conference Computational and Mathematical Methods in Science and Engineering.
- R. Reyes, I. Lopez, J. J. Fumero and F. de Sande. accULL: An OpenACC implementation with CUDA and OpenCL support. International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (EuroPar 2012).
- R. Reyes, I. Lopez, J. J. Fumero and F. de Sande. accULL: an user-directed Approach to Heterogeneous Programming. The 10th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications.
- Ruyman Reyes, Ivan Lopez, Juan J. Fumero and Francisco de Sande. Directive-based Programming for GPUs: A Comparative Study. HPCC-2012.
2017 | Juan Fumero
Designed by Pablo Anibal del Rosario: webpage