Ph.D student at School of Informatics
University of Edinburgh
Email: abhirup.ghosh [at] ed.ac.uk
I am a full time PhD student in the School of Informatics at The University of Edinburgh. I started my PhD in 2015 under the supervision of Dr. Rik Sarkar.
Prior to starting my PhD, I worked at Intel India Pvt. Ltd. as a Senior Software Developer in Bangalore, India for four years. I received a Masters of Technology in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 2011. I obtained a Bachelors degree in Information Technology from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 2009.
Research Interests: My research interest is in designing fast and robust algorithms for analyzing large-scale datasets in low resource devices, e.g., mobile phones, IoT devices.
Previously, I worked on Bluetooth (classic and Low energy) communication technology and Compiler optimization.
Master's Thesis: Determination of Safe regions in Optimized Dynamically Updatable Programs [Thesis][slides], guided by Prof. D.M. Dhamdhere.
- Abhirup Ghosh, Subramanian Ramamoorthy, Rik Sarkar Fast Mobile Trajectory processing with Topological Signatures, MobiHoc, 2018 (Under Review).
- Panagiota Katsikouli, Abhirup Ghosh, Rik Sarkar Density and privacy preserving publication of location datasets,MobiHoc, 2018 (Under Review).
- Abhirup Ghosh, Chritopher Lucas, Rik Sarkar Finding periodic discrete events in noisy streams, Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2017.
- Sandip Chakraborty, Debarshi Kumar Sanyal, Abhirup Ghosh, Abhijnan Chakraborty, Samiran Chattopadhyay, Matangini Chattopadhyay, Tuning Holdoff Exponents for Performance Optimization in IEEE 802.16 Mesh Distributed Co-ordinated Scheduler, International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), 2010.
- Abhirup Ghosh, Piyush P Joshi, Satish Shivarudrappa, Automatic Seamless Context share in multi comm scenario, US Patent Number: 8,880,051, Patent granted in November 2014.
- Abhirup Ghosh, Kaustav Dey Biswas, Piyush P Joshi, Seamless Connectivity across Devices with Heterogeneous Transports , US patent Application, PCT Number: PCT/US2013/048715, Filed in November 2013, Patent grant pending.
Recent Teaching Assistantship and Marker Roles: