activities & announcements
- October 2017
- Invited Speaker: Text-to-text Generation Beyond Machine Translation, NLP Seminars, Natural Language Processing Research Group, University of Sheffield.
- Program committee member for AISTATS 2018.
- Invited Speaker: Text-to-text Generation Beyond Machine Translation, NLIP Seminar Series, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge.
- September 2017
- Program committee member for NAACL SRW 2018.
- The automatic evaluation results from the WebNLG challenge are now publically available here. Thanks for participating!
- We are pleased to announce our Rainbow Parser from Narayan and Cohen (EMNLP'15 and ACL'16). This includes code for training and decoding with latent-variable probabilistic context-free grammars (L-PCFGs).
- Scientific committee member for LREC 2018.
- Program committee member for ICON 2017.
- Our Split and Rephrase benchmark will be soon available at Github. An unoffical version is already available on request.
- Presented our paper Split and Rephrase at EMNLP in Copenhagen. Thanks for attending!
- Claire presented results from our WebNLG challenge at INLG in Compostela, Spain. Stay tuned for more!
- August 2017
- Program committee member for IJCNLP 2017: Summarization and Generation.
- July 2017
- Claire presented our paper Creating Training Corpora for Micro-Planners at ACL in Vancouver, Canada. Thanks for attending!
- Attended Google NLU workshop in New York.
- Presented our recent work on "Split and Rephrase" in EdinburghNLP meetings.
- June 2017
- Our paper entitled "Split and Rephrase" got accepted at EMNLP 2017!
- Reviewing for Natural Langauge Enginnering and SIGDIAL 2017.
- Program committee member for the Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP 2017.
- May 2017
- Atteded SUMMA meeting at IDIAP, Martigny, Switzerland.
- Program committee member for CoNLL 2017 and EMNLP 2017.
- SRW mentor for student participants in ACL SRW 2017.
- April 2017
- Presented our TACL paper Encoding Prior Knowledge with Eigenword Embeddings at EACL in Valencia. Thanks for attending!
- March 2017
- Our paper entitled "Creating Training Corpora for NLG Micro-Planning" got accepted at ACL 2017!
- January-February 2017
- Program committee member for ACL 2017 and EACL Short 2017.
- Professional Services
- PC member for EACL Long 2017:Generation and Summarisation-track, COLING 2016:Paraphrasing, Textual Entailment, EMNLP 2016, NAACL HLT 2016, ACL 2016 and WebNLG 2016.
- Organizers of EdinburghNLP/ProbModels
group (2016-) at the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
- Organizers of ML-For-NLP
reading group (2015-16) at Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh
with Herman Kamper.
- SIGGEN board (ACL
Special Interest Group in Natural Language Generation, 2012-2014)
with Barbara Di Eugenio, Ielka van der Sluis, Kristina Striegnitz and
- MC substitute (2013-2014) for the European COST
Action entitled "Integrating Vision and Language
Combining Computer Vision and Language Processing For Advanced Search,
Retrieval, Annotation and Description of Visual Data" representing
- Program committee member
for EMNLP 2015, ACL-IJCNLP 2015
and IWCS 2015 and
for ICON 2014
and the journal of Language and Linguistic Compass.
- Member of Synalp
Seminar and Tutorial Organization Committee, 2011-2014.
2011 Organising Committee.
- Academic and Professional Experiences
- Google NLP PhD Summit,
September 2015, Google Zurich, Switzerland.
- Short term Scientific Mission funded by European Cost
Action PARSEME at University of Edinburgh working with Mirella
Lapata on the topic "Sentence simplification for multi-word
expressions", May 2014.
- Teaching Assistance: "NLP application: Software
Project (Supertagger 2012 and Paraphrase Generation 2014)" to
Erasmus Mundus Master students in LCT (With Claire
- North American Summer School of Logic, Language, and
and Turing Symposium 2012, University of Texas, Austin.
- Summer Internship at LORIA, INRIA, Nancy France,
- Natural Language Processing Summer School, Microsoft
Research India and Indian Institute Science, Bangalore 2007.
- Invited Speaker: Generating, Simplifying and Paraphrasing Sentences, CNRS, Paris France, February 2015.
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, University of St. Andrew, January 2016
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, INRIA, LORIA Nancy, Januray 2016
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, Xerox, Grenoble, January 2016
- PhD Talk, University of Edinburgh, November 2014:
Generating and Simplifying Sentences
- STSM Talk, University of Edinburgh, May 2014: Hybrid
Simplification using deep Semantics and Machine Translation
- Synalp Seminar, Nancy, June 2012: Error Mining on
Dependency Trees, ACL Rehearsal Presentation
- Synalp Paper Discussion, Nancy, March 2012:
Coordination in Tree Adjoining Grammars: Formalization and
- Talaris Seminar, Nancy, December 2011: Master Thesis
- NaTAL Workshop, Nancy, May 2011: RTG Based Surface
Realization from Dependency Representation [PDF]