activities & announcements
- May, 2018
Congratulations to Joana! Her long paper "Local String Transduction as Sequence Labeling,
Joana Ribeiro, Shashi Narayan, Shay B. Cohen and Xavier Carreras will appear at COLING
for EMNLP, NIPS
and CoNLL 2018.
- April, 2018
- Our long paper "Document Modeling with External Attention for Sentence Extraction" with
Ronald Cardenas, Nikos Papasarantopoulos, Shay B. Cohen, Mirella Lapata, Jiangsheng Yu and Yi Chang will appear
- The data and code for our NAACL 2018 summarization paper are now available at
- We have upgraded the Split and Rephrase Benchmark (EMNLP 2017) to Version 1.0.
It is now available at Github.
- February 2018
- Our long paper "Ranking Sentences for Extractive
Summarization with Reinforcement Learning" with Shay B. Cohen and Mirella Lapata will appear at NAACL 2018.
- Our tutorial proposal called "Deep Learning Approaches for Text Production" with Claire Gardent got accepted for NAACL 2018.
- Guest lecture on "Deep learning and representation learning in the context of NLP", Topics in Natural Language Processing, University of Edinburgh.
- Reviewing for Natural Langauge Enginnering and Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research 2018.
- January 2018
for ACL, ACL
SRW, Coling, Sigdial
and Rep4EMNLP 2018.
- December 2017
- Area chair for Generation, NAACL HLT 2018.
- Invited Speaker: Text-to-text Generation Beyond Machine Translation, Natural Language Processing Copenhagen Meetup, University of Copenhagen.
- Reviewing for Dialogue & Discourse, 2017.
- October 2017
- Invited Speaker: Text-to-text Generation Beyond Machine Translation, NLP Seminars, Natural Language Processing Research Group, University of Sheffield.
- Program committee member for AISTATS 2018.
- Invited Speaker: Text-to-text Generation Beyond Machine Translation, NLIP Seminar Series, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge.
- September 2017
- Program committee member for NAACL SRW 2018.
- The automatic evaluation results from the WebNLG challenge are now publically available here. Thanks for participating!
- We are pleased to announce our Rainbow Parser from Narayan and Cohen (EMNLP'15 and ACL'16). This includes code for training and decoding with latent-variable probabilistic context-free grammars (L-PCFGs).
- Scientific committee member for LREC 2018.
- Program committee member for ICON 2017.
- Our Split and Rephrase benchmark will be soon available at Github. An unoffical version is already available on request.
- Presented our paper Split and Rephrase at EMNLP in Copenhagen. Thanks for attending!
- Claire presented results from our WebNLG challenge at INLG in Compostela, Spain. Stay tuned for more!
- August 2017
- Program committee member for IJCNLP 2017: Summarization and Generation.
- July 2017
- Claire presented our paper Creating Training Corpora for Micro-Planners at ACL in Vancouver, Canada. Thanks for attending!
- Attended Google NLU workshop in New York.
- Presented our recent work on "Split and Rephrase" in EdinburghNLP meetings.
- June 2017
- Our paper entitled "Split and Rephrase" got accepted at EMNLP 2017!
- Reviewing for Natural Langauge Enginnering and SIGDIAL 2017.
- Program committee member for the Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP 2017.
- May 2017
- Atteded SUMMA meeting at IDIAP, Martigny, Switzerland.
- Program committee member for CoNLL 2017 and EMNLP 2017.
- SRW mentor for student participants in ACL SRW 2017.
- April 2017
- Presented our TACL paper Encoding Prior Knowledge with Eigenword Embeddings at EACL in Valencia. Thanks for attending!
- March 2017
- Our paper entitled "Creating Training Corpora for NLG Micro-Planning" got accepted at ACL 2017!
- January-February 2017
- Program committee member for ACL 2017 and EACL Short 2017.
- Professional Services
- PC member for EACL Long 2017:Generation and Summarisation-track, COLING 2016:Paraphrasing, Textual Entailment, EMNLP 2016, NAACL HLT 2016, ACL 2016 and WebNLG 2016.
- Organizers of EdinburghNLP/ProbModels
group (2016-) at the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
- Organizers of ML-For-NLP
reading group (2015-16) at Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh
with Herman Kamper.
- SIGGEN board (ACL
Special Interest Group in Natural Language Generation, 2012-2014)
with Barbara Di Eugenio, Ielka van der Sluis, Kristina Striegnitz and
- MC substitute (2013-2014) for the European COST
Action entitled "Integrating Vision and Language
Combining Computer Vision and Language Processing For Advanced Search,
Retrieval, Annotation and Description of Visual Data" representing
- Program committee member
for EMNLP 2015, ACL-IJCNLP 2015
and IWCS 2015 and
for ICON 2014
and the journal of Language and Linguistic Compass.
- Member of Synalp
Seminar and Tutorial Organization Committee, 2011-2014.
2011 Organising Committee.
- Academic and Professional Experiences
- Google NLP PhD Summit,
September 2015, Google Zurich, Switzerland.
- Short term Scientific Mission funded by European Cost
Action PARSEME at University of Edinburgh working with Mirella
Lapata on the topic "Sentence simplification for multi-word
expressions", May 2014.
- Teaching Assistance: "NLP application: Software
Project (Supertagger 2012 and Paraphrase Generation 2014)" to
Erasmus Mundus Master students in LCT (With Claire
- North American Summer School of Logic, Language, and
and Turing Symposium 2012, University of Texas, Austin.
- Summer Internship at LORIA, INRIA, Nancy France,
- Natural Language Processing Summer School, Microsoft
Research India and Indian Institute Science, Bangalore 2007.
- Invited Speaker: Generating, Simplifying and Paraphrasing Sentences, CNRS, Paris France, February 2015.
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, University of St. Andrew, January 2016
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, INRIA, LORIA Nancy, Januray 2016
- Invited Speaker: Paraphrase Generation from Latent-Variable PCFGs for Semantic Parsing, Xerox, Grenoble, January 2016
- PhD Talk, University of Edinburgh, November 2014:
Generating and Simplifying Sentences
- STSM Talk, University of Edinburgh, May 2014: Hybrid
Simplification using deep Semantics and Machine Translation
- Synalp Seminar, Nancy, June 2012: Error Mining on
Dependency Trees, ACL Rehearsal Presentation
- Synalp Paper Discussion, Nancy, March 2012:
Coordination in Tree Adjoining Grammars: Formalization and
- Talaris Seminar, Nancy, December 2011: Master Thesis
- NaTAL Workshop, Nancy, May 2011: RTG Based Surface
Realization from Dependency Representation [PDF]