- I am from Nagpur, a town in central India, most known for its hot summers, and oranges.
I studied Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering at the College of Engineering, Pune, and worked for several years as an Embedded Systems Designer in India.
- I finished a PhD in Linguistics from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York in 2009.
- I was at the ILLC at the University of Amsterdam as a lecturer and researcher, from 2008-2010.
- I am currently at the ILCC in University of Edinburgh.
professional experience (non-academic)
- 2002 to 2001: Worked on creating "meta" information directories that integrated information from telecom devices and various types of telecom databases, using LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
- 2001 to 1997: Worked as an embedded systems designer to build a programmable controller for a CCD Camera in IUCAA (Inter University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics). The CCD camera was used in the IUCAA telescope at Giravali in Maharashtra, India.
- 1997 to 1996: Network management of Sun/Silicon Graphics/unix/windows networks.
Cornell NLP Page
IUCAA Observatory, Giravali, India