Anthony W. Lin's Publications
On this page, you will find pre-print versions of my writings in a chronological
order (recent one first). Author names are often ordered alphabetically as
commonly done in theoretical computer science and mathematics, though I also
do reverse-alphabetical order just for fun. All papers can
be downloaded for personal or research purposes only. If a paper (or a full
version thereof) is not available here, you may send me an email to obtain it.
- String Constraints with Concatenation and Transducers Solved Efficiently, To appear in POPL'18. (Joint with Lukas Holik, Petr Janku, Philipp Ruemmer, and Tomas Vojnar)
- What is Decidable About String Constraints with ReplaceAll
Function, To appear in POPL'18.
(Joint with Taolue Chen, Yan Chen, Matthew Hague, and Zhilin Wu)
- Learning to Prove Safety over Parameterised Concurrent Systems, In Proceedings of Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design (FMCAD),
2017. (Joint with Yu-Fang Chen, Chih-Duo Hong, and Philipp Ruemmer)
- Fair Termination for Parameterized Probabilistic Concurrent
Systems, In Proceedings of 23rd International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS), 2017. (Joint with Ondrej
Lengal, Rupak Majumdar, and Philipp Ruemmer)
- Decidability and Complexity of Tree Share
Formulas, In Proceedings of Foundations of
Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FSTTCS), 2016.
(with Xuan Bach Le and Aquinas Hobor)
- Decidable models of integer-manipulating
programs with recursive parallelism, In Proceedings of Reachability
Problems (RP), 2016. (with Matthew Hague)
- Liveness of Randomised Parameterised Systems under Arbitrary Schedulers, In Proceedings of Computer Aided Verification
(with Philipp Ruemmer)
[Click here for the tool SLRP]
[Click here for my slides for the
- String Solving with Word Equations and
Transducers: Towards a Logic for Analysing Mutation XSS.
In Proceedings of POPL 2016. (with Pablo Barcelo)
[Click here for my slides for
the conference talk.]
- Regular Symmetry Patterns.
In Proceedings of VMCAI 2016. (with Truong Khanh Nguyen, Philipp Ruemmer, and Jun Sun)
[Click here for the
slides from my conference talk.]
- A linear-time algorithm for the
orbit problem over cyclic groups.
Acta Informatica, 53(5): 493-508 (2016). (with Sanming Zhou) [Full version of a
CONCUR'14 paper nominated for Best
- Detecting Redundant CSS Rules in HTML5
Applications: A Tree-Rewriting
Approach. In Proceedings of OOPSLA, 2015.
(with Matt Hague and Luke Ong)
for the tool; Click here for the
slides from conference talk]
- Expressive Path Queries on
Graphs with Data. Logical Methods in
Computer Science, 11(4): (2015). [Full version of an LPAR'13 paper]. (with Pablo Barcelo and Gaelle
the Process Rewrite Systems Hierarchy via Ground Tree Rewrite
Systems. ACM Transactions on Computational
Logic, 15(4): (2014). [Full version of a CONCUR'11 paper] (with Stefan Goller)
- Analysis of Probabilistic Basic
Parallel Processes. In Proceedings of
FoSSaCS, 2014. (with Remi Bonnet and Stefan Kiefer)
- Accelerating Tree Automatic Relations.
In Proceedings of FSTTCS, 2012.
- Weakly-Synchronized Ground Tree Rewriting
(with Applications to Verifying Multithreaded Programs). In Proceedings of
MFCS, 2012. [Slides]
- Synchronisation- and Reversal-Bounded Analysis
of Multithreaded Programs with Counters. In Proceedings of CAV, 2012 (with
- Concurrency Makes Simple Theories Hard.
In Proceedings of STACS, 2012. (with Stefan Göller)
- Expressive Languages for Path Queries over
Graph-structured Data. ACM Transactions on Database
Systems 37(4):31 (2012)
(with Pablo Barcelo, Leonid Libkin, and Peter Wood)
- Model Checking Recursive Programs with
Numeric Data Types, In Proceedings of
Computer Aided Verification (CAV), 2011.
(with Matthew Hague)
- The Complexity of Verifying Ground Tree
Rewrite Systems, In Proceedings of Logic in Computer Science (LICS), 2011.
(with Stefan Göller)
- The Complexity of Model Checking
(Collapsible) Higher-Order Pushdown Systems, In Proceedings of
(with Matthew Hague)
- Parikh Images of Grammars: Complexity and
Applications, In Proceedings of Logic in Computer science (LICS), 2010. (with
- Parikh Images of Regular Languages:
Complexity and Applications, accepted at LICS'10 after
merging. (Kleene Award for Best Student Paper)
- Algorithmic metatheorems for decidable LTL model checking over infinite systems, In Proceedings of Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS), 2010. (with Leonid
- Logical Queries
over Views: Decidability and Expressiveness, ACM Transactions on
Computational Logic 11(2): (2010). (with James Bailey and Guozhu
- Model checking FO(R) over one-counter
processes and beyond, In Proceedings of Computer Science Logic
- On the Computational Complexity of Verifying
In Proceedings of Logic in Computer Science (LICS), 2009. (with
Stefan Göller and Richard Mayr)
- Unary finite automata vs.
arithmetic progressions, Information Processing Letters,
- Recurrent Reachability Analysis in Regular Model
Checking, In Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Logic for Programming
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (LPAR), 2008.
(with Leonid Libkin)
- Model Checking Infinite-State Systems:
Generic and Specific Approaches. PhD thesis, School of
Informatics, University of Edinburgh, August 2010.
- On Unary-conjunctive-view Queries. Undergraduate thesis, Department of
Computer Science and Software Engineering, University of Melbourne,
- Book review of Algebraic Complexity Theory. Appeared in ACM SIGACT
Newsletter, Issue 2, June 2006.
- The Limits of Computations, appeared in the February edition of the
Journal of Young Investigators 2004.
- Book review of Algorithms Sequential and Parallel A Unified Approach.
Appeared in ACM SIGACT Newsletter, issue 2, June 2003. (view)
Anthony Widjaja Lin
Last Modified: November 2017