Anthony W. Lin's Publications
On this page, you will find pre-print versions of my writings in a chronological
order (recent one first). Author names are ordered alphabetically as commonly
done in theoretical computer science and mathematics, though I also
do reverse-alphabetical order just for fun. All papers can
be downloaded for personal or research purposes only. If a paper (or a full
version thereof) is not available here, you may send me an email to obtain it.
You might be a non-computer
science colleague wondering why mostly conference publications. The answer is
the trend that has
lasted for more than two decades that conference publications are the primary
publication venues for computer scientists. Computer scientists' conferences
are as competitive as journals in other fields, and each paper contains more
than 10 pages (20 pages are not rare).
Peer-Reviewed Conference Publications
- Learning to Prove Safety over Parameterised Concurrent Systems. To appear in FMCAD, 2017. (Joint with Yu-Fang Chen, Chih-Duo Hong, and Philipp Ruemmer)
- Fair Termination for Parameterized Probabilistic Concurrent
Systems, 23rd International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS), 2017. (Joint with Ondrej
Lengal, Rupak Majumdar, and Philipp Ruemmer)
- Decidability and Complexity of Tree Share
Formulas, Foundations of
Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FSTTCS), 2016.
(with Xuan Bach Le and Aquinas Hobor)
- Decidable models of integer-manipulating
programs with recursive parallelism, Reachability Problems (RP),
2016. (with Matthew Hague)
- Liveness of Randomised Parameterised Systems under Arbitrary Schedulers, Computer Aided Verification (CAV), 2016.
(with Philipp Ruemmer)
[Click here for the tool SLRP]
[Click here for my slides for the
- String Solving with Word Equations and
Transducers: Towards a Logic for Analysing Mutation XSS.
In POPL 2016. (with Pablo Barcelo)
[Click here for my slides for
the conference talk.]
- Regular Symmetry Patterns.
In VMCAI 2016. (with Truong Khanh Nguyen, Philipp Ruemmer, and Jun Sun)
[Click here for the
slides from my conference talk.]
- Detecting Redundant CSS Rules in HTML5
Applications: A Tree-Rewriting
Approach. In OOPSLA, 2015.
(with Matt Hague and Luke Ong)
for the tool; Click here for the
slides from conference talk]
- A linear-time algorithm for the orbit
problem over cyclic groups.
In CONCUR, 2014. (with Sanming Zhou) [Nominated for Best Paper
- Analysis of Probabilistic Basic
Parallel Processes. In
FoSSaCS, 2014. (with Remi Bonnet and Stefan Kiefer)
- Expressive Path Queries on Graphs with Data. In LPAR, 2013. (with Pablo Barcelo and Gaelle Fontaine)
- Accelerating Tree Automatic Relations.
In FSTTCS, 2012.
- Weakly-Synchronized Ground Tree Rewriting
(with Applications to Verifying Multithreaded Programs).
MFCS, 2012. [Slides]
- Synchronisation- and Reversal-Bounded Analysis
of Multithreaded Programs with Counters. CAV, 2012 (with
- Concurrency Makes Simple Theories Hard.
STACS, 2012. (with Stefan Göller)
- Refining the Process Rewrite Systems
Hierarchy via Ground Tree Rewrite Systems.
CONCUR, 2011. (with Stefan Göller)
- Model Checking Recursive Programs with
Numeric Data Types, Computer Aided Verification (CAV), 2011.
(with Matthew Hague)
- The Complexity of Verifying Ground Tree
Rewrite Systems, Logic in Computer Science (LICS), 2011.
(with Stefan Göller)
- The Complexity of Model Checking
(Collapsible) Higher-Order Pushdown Systems, FSTTCS 2010.
(with Matthew Hague)
- Parikh Images of Grammars: Complexity and
Applications, Logic in Computer science (LICS), 2010. (with
- Parikh Images of Regular Languages:
Complexity and Applications, accepted at LICS'10 after
merging. (Kleene Award for Best Student Paper)
- Algorithmic metatheorems for decidable LTL model checking over infinite systems, Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS), 2010. (with Leonid
- Model checking FO(R) over one-counter
processes and beyond, Computer Science Logic (CSL), 2009.
- On the Computational Complexity of Verifying
Logic in Computer Science (LICS), 2009. (with
Stefan Göller and Richard Mayr)
- Recurrent Reachability Analysis in Regular Model
Checking, 15th International Conference on Logic for Programming
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (LPAR), 2008.
(with Leonid Libkin)
- A linear-time algorithm for the
orbit problem over cyclic groups.
Acta Informatica, 53(5): 493-508 (2016). [Full version of CONCUR'14]
(with Sanming Zhou)
- Expressive Path Queries on
Graphs with Data. Logical Methods in
Computer Science, 11(4): (2015). [Full version of
LPAR'13]. (with Pablo Barcelo and Gaelle Fontaine)
the Process Rewrite Systems Hierarchy via Ground Tree Rewrite
Systems. ACM Transactions on Computational
Logic, 15(4): (2014). [Full version of CONCUR'11]
(with Stefan Goller)
- Expressive Languages for Path Queries over
Graph-structured Data. ACM Transactions on Database
Systems 37(4):31 (2012)
(with Pablo Barcelo, Leonid Libkin, and Peter Wood)
- Logical Queries
over Views: Decidability and Expressiveness, ACM Transactions on
Computational Logic 11(2): (2010). (with James Bailey and Guozhu
- Unary finite automata vs.
arithmetic progressions, Information Processing Letters,
Papers under Submission
- Formalisation and Static Analysis of CSS3 Selectors, conference
paper under submission, 2016. (with Matthew Hague)
- Parikh Images of Regular Languages: Complexity and Applications.
Journal paper submitted in 2014. [Full version of LICS'10]
- Book review of Algebraic Complexity Theory. Appeared in ACM SIGACT
Newsletter, Issue 2, June 2006.
- The Limits of Computations, appeared in the February edition of the
Journal of Young Investigators 2004.
- Book review of Algorithms Sequential and Parallel A Unified Approach.
Appeared in ACM SIGACT Newsletter, issue 2, June 2003. (view)
Anthony Widjaja Lin
Last Modified: August 2017