Dr. Hakan Bilen
School of Informatics 1.41a
University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AB
NEWS / ACTIVITY
- January’21, One paper is accepted in ICLR as oral presentationr, congrats to Bo and Konda!
- January’21, Welcome Robin and Simon.
- December’20, Area chairing CVPR 2021.
- September’20, Welcome Titas and Xialei.
- August’20, Organising a ECCV’20 tutorial on weakly supervised learning in computer vision.
- August’20, three papers are accepted in ECCV workshops, congrats to Arushi, Octave and Wei-Hong.
- June’20, Postdoc and PhD positions available in computer vision and machine learning.
- May’20, CVPR paper accepted as oral presentation. Congrats to Tom, Ankush and Andrea.
I am a lecturer (assistant professor) in the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh and leading the Visual Computing Group (VICO). My research focuses on computer vision and machine learning. Before Edinburgh, I have spent three wonderful years in the great Visual Geometry Group (VGG) at the University of Oxford as a postdoc, working with Andrea Vedaldi.
I completed my PhD in VISICS group in KU Leuven. I was lucky to work with Luc Van Gool and Tinne Tuytelaars. My PhD topic was about image classification with latent parameters with a focus on weakly supervised object detection and action recognition.
My bachelor’s and master’s degrees are from Sabanci University where I was working on micro-robotics with Mustafa Unel who thankfully introduced me to computer vision.