- Representation change:
- interactions between agents or services with mismatched
- ontology evolution
- dynamic interpretation of large data
- Emergency and crisis response, particularly problems
associated with communication during these periods
- open data
- learning through interaction
- trust and reputation in multiagent systems
- reasoning under uncertainty
- the Semantic Web
- Planning and simulation, particularly in an emergency
- the philosophical and psychological foundations of AI
- lots of other things ...
- My PhD was on Dynamic Ontology Repair. I am continuing this work, developing my Ontology Repair System (ORS) and supervising students to explore this further.
- I am currently working on two related projects, one funded by and Dstl (PI: Alan Bundy ) and one funded by ONR Global (on which I am the PI). Andriana Gkaniatsou is working on as an RA on these projects.
- I was previously working on an ONR
funded project with Alan Bundy and Liwei Deng, and the
OpenKnowledge Project , focussing on
semantic and structural matching and also
dabbling a bit with trust issues and emergency
- I am a member of the DReaM
- I am the course lecturer for UG4/MSc course on Mutli-agent and Semantic Web Systems (MASWS).
Andriana Gkaniatsou, working on project Machine Assisted Inter-Agency Communication During Emergency Response. Main supervisor.
Liwei Deng, A Category-theoretic Framework for
Ontology Management (3rd year): 2nd
- Andrew Priddle-Higson, Ontology Evolution in Legal
Reasoning (2009): 2nd supervisor.
- MSc by research
Roko Mijic, Representing knowledge about the real
world: probabilistic, logical and
categorical techniques (2009):
- Ruixiao Yu, Automated Ontology Evolution, summer 2012: second supervisor.
- Andriana Gkaniatsou, Developing a Negotiation Protocol for ORS, summer 2011: main
- Punyanuch Borwarnginn, Ontology Versioning , summer 2012: main
- Theodosia Togia, Automated Ontology Evolution:
Semantic Matching, summer
2010: main supervisor.
- Ken Hu, Experience Sharing with the Ontology
Repair System, summer 2010:
- Morike Akinsola, Automated Ontology
Evolution, summer 2008: main supervisor.
- Thomas Herchenroeder, Lightweight Semantic Web
Oriented Reasoning in Prolog ,summer 2006: second supervisor.
- Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis, Adaptive agents for
the ART testbed , summer 2006:
- Agnieszka Bomersbach, Negotiating Mismatches,
2010/2011: 2nd supervisor.
- Jonathan Abourbih, Guesstimation , 2008/2009: second supervisor.
- Paul Flemming, 2006/2007: second supervisor.
Here is my full CV