CVonline: The Evolving, Distributed, Non-Proprietary, On-Line Compendium of Computer Vision
Because of the improvements in the content available in Wikipedia, it is now possible to find about 1000 of the 2000 topics in CVonline. Expecting that this will continue, we have re-organised CVonline. Note: Because of some troubles with putting the Cvonline hierarchy into Wikipedia, we have moved it to GoogleSites.
- Linked CVonline topics to Wikipedia pages where possible.
- Linked additional Wikipedia overview pages.
- Tidyied up CVonline resources without corresponding Wikipedia pages.
- Enabled vision community editing of the CVonline topic hierarchy.
- Maintained links to Other Vision Resources
- Maintained a link to the original CVonline, now unmaintained
- Databases and indexing related concepts
- Generic computer vision methods
- Geometric feature extraction methods
- Geometry and mathematics
- Image physics related concepts
- Image Processing Architectures & Control Structures
- Image transformations and filters
- Introductory visual neurophysiology
- Introductory visual psychophysics/psychology
- Motion and time sequence analysis related concepts
- Non-sequential realization methods
- Object, world and scene representations
- Recognition and registration methods
- Scene understanding/image analysis methods
- Sensor fusion, registration and planning methods
- System models, calibration and parameter estimation methods
- Visual learning related methods and concepts
- Computer vision
- Digital image processing
- Image processing
- Machine vision
- Medical imaging
- List of image analysis applications
- List of imaging related books including online books and book support sites
- Image and video databases for algorithm evaluation
- Visual processing software & environments
- Some famous vision systems
- USC Annotated Computer Vision Bibliography + Mirror site
- Conference USC Listing + Mirror Site
- Computer Vision Home Page
- HIPR2 image processing teaching package.
- Pattern Recognition resources assembled by the Int. Association for Pattern Recognition.
- IPOL - Image Processing Online: IPOL is a journal of image processing and image analysis algorithms and a repository of image processing workshops.
- Free online academic resources.
- Glossaries of useful vision terms:
- A collection of useful maxim's and proverbs for developers of vision system applications (Paul Whelan, email@example.com)
- An online resource for people working in the design and development of practical machine vision systems. (Paul Whelan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vision List Digest and Archives
- Imageworld community email list
- Pixel Digest and Archives
- UK Higher Education Library Image eXchange, an image database.
- Earl F. Glynn II's Image Processing Page
- Lecture notes on image processing and computer vision in French (Marc Van Droogenbroeck)
- Some interactive computer vision demos (Mark Nixon)
- Computer Vision Wikicity (Mark Sugrue)
- Slides and Video of Univ. of Central Florida's Distinguished Speaker Series.
We had originally tried to create the hierarchy of CVonline inside Wikipedia so that the community could edit the structure. However, the pages were deleted. If you try to develop content in wikipedia, you might be interested in some of the problems that you will encounter. Google Site's web page hosting is great except it is not so easily open community editable - however, if you would like to contribute to these pages, email me (Bob Fisher - email@example.com) your mail address and I can add you as an editor.
- We gratefully thank all of the contributors. Many of the early ones are listed here.
- There have been many helpers with setting up or extending aspects of CVonline, including in particular: Scott Blunsden, Helmut Cantzler, Judith Law, Georgios Papadimitriou, Jorge Reyes-Ortiz, and Aris Valtazanos.
- Funding for various restructurings has come from the ECVision network, the euCognition network and the British Machine Vision Association.
Comments and suggestions to: , who is really Bob Fisher.
Other CV Online Sites
Please note that there are other "CV Online" sites, including:
- An employment services site in Hungary
There have been accesses since November 1999.
© 2011 Robert Fisher