CVonline: The Evolving, Distributed, Non-Proprietary, On-Line Compendium of Computer Vision
Editor: Robert B. Fisher
School of Informatics
University of Edinburgh
CVonline URL: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/CVonline/
The folded subject hierarchy:
- Databases and Indexing
- Famous Vision Systems
- Generic Vision Methods
- Geometric Feature Extraction Methods
- Geometry and Mathematics
- Image Physics
- Image Transformations and Filters
- Motion, Tracking and Time Sequence Analysis
- Hardware, DSP, Parallel and Other Non-Standard Processing Platforms
- Object, World and Scene Representations
- Recognition and Registration Methods
- Scene Understanding
- Sensor Fusion, Registration and Planning
- Sensors and their Properties
- System Models, Calibration and Parameter Estimation
- Visual Learning
- Visual Neurophysiology
- Visual Processing Software & Environments
- Visual Processing Architectures & Control Structures
- Visual Psychophysics
Search the Online Compendium
Additional Vision Educational Resources
- USC Annotated Computer Vision Bibliography + Mirror site
- Conference USC Listing + Mirror Site
- Computer Vision Online - computer vision resources: datasets, code links, groups, plus an online book.
- Computer Vision Home Page
- HIPR2 image processing teaching package.
- Free online academic resources.
- NeatVision 2.0 - An Image Analysis Educational Resource Interactive JAVA-based image processing. There is also a developers guide. (Paul Whelan, email@example.com)
- Glossaries of useful vision terms:
- A collection of useful maxim's and proverbs for developers of vision system applications (Paul Whelan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- An online resource for people working in the design and development of practical machine vision systems. (Paul Whelan, email@example.com)
- Vision List Digest and Archives
- Imageworld community email list
- Pixel Digest and Archives
- UK Higher Education Library Image eXchange, an image database.
- Earl F. Glynn II's Image Processing Page
- Medical Vision FAQ (mainly vision problems)
- Lecture notes on image processing and computer vision in French (Marc Van Droogenbroeck)
- Some interactive computer vision demos (Mark Nixon)
- Computer Vision Wikicity (Mark Sugrue)
- Online Cognitive Computer Vision Course (Kingsley Sage and Hilary Buxton)
- Slides and Video of Univ. of Central Florida's Distinguished Speaker Series.
Special Vision Courses
- 2-years Masters Level course in Vision and Robotics Delivered jointly by the Universite de Bourgogne (France), the Universitat de Girona (Spain) and Heriot-Watt University. Funding is available. [Jan 2006].
Commercial Vision Educational Resources
- ENLIGHTEN3D Vision Blog - A blog about interesting vision and graphics related systems.
- An online commercial course in Computer and Machine Vision with detailed course notes and interactive demonstrations. Registration information is available online. (Paul Whelan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Firstsight Vision's Technical Tips
- Foundations and Trends in Computer Graphics and Vision - a journal specializing in high-quality survey and tutorial monographs.
- Trollhetta AS have an C/C++ image processing development environment, DynamicImager (see Products->DynamicImager). Free educational licenses are also possible by request.
- We gratefully thank all of the contributors.
- There have been many helpers with setting up or extending aspects of CVonline, including in particular: Scott Blunsden, Helmut Cantzler, Judith Law and Jorge Reyes-Ortiz.
- Funding for a restructuring came from the ECVision network. Other support came from euCognition network.
- Instructions on how to contribute.
- Copyright issues related to CVonline.
Comments and suggestions to: , who is really Bob Fisher.
Other CV Online SitesPlease note that there are other "CV Online" sites:
- An employment services site in Hungary
There have been accesses since November 1999.
© 2007 Robert Fisher