SIGPLAN Notices - Functional Programming Column
Call for columns
I edit a column on Functional Programming for SIGPLAN Notices.
I would be pleased to consider short, informal papers (up to six pages
in length) that would be of interest to the general programming
Submissions are welcome at any time, either by post or electronically.
- Applications of functional programming in the real-world.
(Please also submit to our
- Descriptions of functional programming systems
for use by the programmer on the street
(Caml, Clean, Erlang, Haskell, Scheme, SML, and so on).
- Tutorials drawing connections between FP and other areas of research.
- Tutorials summarising recent advances in FP.
Columns to date:
- February 1998, 33(2):25-30. Philip Wadler.
An angry half dozen.
- April 1998, 33(4):17-20. Andrew W. Appel.
SSA is Functional Programming.
- June 1998, 33(6):17-23.
Matthias Felleisen, Robert Bruce Findler, Matthew Flatt,
and Shriram Krishnamurthi.
The DrScheme Project: An Overview.
- August 1998, 33(8):23-27. Philip Wadler.
Why no one uses functional languages.