Data Integration and Exchange 2008
Course descriptors: Level
Professor: Leonid Libkin
Office hours: by appointment
Class meets Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:10-10:50, in AT 4.12
- Tuesday 14 October: the class will be given by Dr. Filip Murlak.
- Wednesday 15 October: please download homework 1.
- Friday 17 October: no class.
- Assignment 1 office hours: Monday 20 October, 12noon-1pm, IF
- Assignment 1 due date: 23 October, 3pm.
- There was a typo in the version of the assignment posted here
just before 12noon on 31 October. If you downloaded the assingment
after 1:30pm on 31/10, you have the right version. Otherwise please
download it again.
- Tuesday 18 November: the class will be given by Dr. Filip Murlak.
- Friday 21 November: no class.
- HW3 office hours: 27 November, 4pm, IF 5.33.
- Assignment 1 assigned 15
October; due 22 October (ITO; before 3pm)
- Assignment 2 assigned 31
October; due 7 November (ITO; before 3pm)
- Assignment 3 assigned 24
November; due 2 December (ITO; before 4pm)
relational databases: basic facts
data integration basics
integration and views
relational data exchange
overview of tools
XML data exchange
Currently there is no text covering data integration and exchange.
Lecture notes will be posted on this website. There are some useful
tutorials and surveys one might consult as well:
- Maurizio Lenzerini's tutorials on data integration and exchange
are avilable here
(look for PODS 2002 and IJCAI 2003)
- A tutorial by Phokion
Kolaitis (look for PODS 2005 slides)
- A survey by Alon Halevy on query
answering using views